Thursday, September 20, 2012

What A Day

What a day today has been. In a good way.

At work today I went over my sales goal AND got to play with 3 super cute babies! I adore my job. Or maybe it is the clients I adore! ;)

When I got home tonight and checked Facebook, I noticed that Lane Goodwin, a 13 year old Rhabdomyosarcoma cancer warrior I have been following, was able to join in his own support campaign by giving the "thumbs up" sign multiple times. This along with the fact that Lane has been walking and talking today during visits with loved ones is miraculous, because sweet Lane is home on hospice after a seizure earlier this week led doctors to discover that Lane's cancer has invaded his brain and there is nothing more they can do for Lane. In most of Lane's pictures he is seen doing "thumbs up", so Jordan thought it would be cool to get Lane's supporters to do it with him to honor his courageous fight and remind him he is not alone. That being said, Jordan started a Facebook event earlier this week appropriately titled "Thumbs Up for Lane". The event has gained thousands of photos of people across the globe showing Lane a "thumbs up". The response is amazing and the event made national news today. The best part is Lane is alert and has seen it and is incredibly humbled.


Also tonight on Facebook, a local songwriter and performer published the album version of "Emma's Song", the song he wrote for my good friend, 5 year old Leukemia survivor, Emma Bulich. The song is amazing.


To check out Lane and Emma's stories visit them on Facebook at Prayers for Lane Goodwin and Prayers for EMMA. The links to the event and the song will be on their pages.


Tomorrow I get to babysit our cousin Connor while his mom, Dawn, gives birth to our soon-to-be newest cousin Jonah.

Pictures soon. :)


Until my next post,
Stormy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment